Pickleball is an increasingly popular sport that’s played worldwide. It’s easy to learn, inexpensive to play, and can be played by almost anyone at any age.
It also provides a great cardiovascular workout and requires precision and skill with each shot to win the game. If you’re looking to get involved in pickleball or already are, choosing the right paddle can be as important as practicing your skills!
List of Best Pickleball Paddles for Intermediate Players
Here are some of the best pickleball paddles for intermediate players.
1. Selkirk Amped
Known for their high-end, quality play and sleek appearance, Selkirk Amped is on many people’s list of best pickleball paddles.
Then they have a good grip without being too tacky, making it easy to get shots off quickly in game-time situations.
However, some people report that it wears out quickly over time due to its hardness and can be a bit heavy for newer players. Even so, it’s a favorite among intermediate and advanced players who need something more solid than beginners but don’t want to sacrifice playability or style.
A 2-year warranty also backs it against defects which are undoubtedly appreciated by customer service if you experience any issues with your product.
- It has a sleek appearance
- It has a good grip
- Selkirk offers one of the widest varieties of paddles in terms of sizing options
- variety makes it easier for anyone to find exactly what they need in terms of length, weight, grip thickness, and overall size.
- It isn’t quite to play with
- You’ll also notice some vibration in your hands after playing for a while.
2. Head Gravity Graphite Pickleball Paddle
The Head Gravity Graphite Pickleball Paddle is the best pickleball paddle for intermediate players who want a lightweight paddle that is relatively forgiving on off-center hits.
This paddle was found to have above-average power and control on serve returns and groundstrokes.
When playing with paddles of different weights, it’s important to remember that heavier paddles are easier to control, whereas lighter paddles are easier to swing quickly.
If you’re an intermediate player, you may find some value in trying a heavier or lighter pickleball paddle than your current paddle; however, you should also consider how your game has progressed since purchasing your last paddle.
- It has excellent control, power, and consistency.
- The handle is an inch thick with a evelled rubber grip, making it comfortable to hold even when you get sweaty.
- It’s made from graphite and not composite materials
3. Paddletek Phoenix Genesis
The Paddletek Phoenix Genesis is great for players who want an extra spin on their shots. It has a lightweight design and a carbon-reinforced core that provides excellent control of your shots.
It also has a big sweet spot and comes with a two-year warranty. Best of all, it’s a best-budget pickleball paddle, so you won’t have to break your budget to get it.
- Paddletek Genesis is a premium quality paddle at an affordable price.
- It is designed to offer excellent performance with a good mix of power and control.
- The large sweet spot makes it easy to hit solid shots while still offering various placement options.
- It’s a bit heavy If you’re an experienced player and want a lightweight.
4. Paddletek Tempest Wave 2
The Tempest Wave 2 is from Paddletek, specializing in pickleball equipment. Like many of their products, it has a simple design that allows spin to be easily used with your play.
It’s polypropylene with an extended handle length and grommet holes on both sides for improved maneuverability and it’s the best pickleball paddle for control.
The paddle weighs about 12 ounces and is best for intermediate to advanced players. It has a good surface area, coming in at 20 inches long by 10 inches wide.
This makes it slightly heavier than other paddles and makes it better suited for people looking to improve their game or trying to focus on learning advanced techniques while they play.
- It is an excellent pickleball paddle that is both versatile and strong
- It’s the best lightweight Pickleball paddle, easy-to-use paddle also features two-speed ports.
- It is a bit heavy, at 12 ounces.
5. PROKENNEX ovation flight pickleball Paddle
ProKennex is one of our best pickleball paddle brands, as it has a great line of tennis racquets, tennis shoes, and pickleball paddles.
Their ovation flight Paddle has been designed to maximize spin and comfort while playing.
The company says its 5-ply composite design allows maximum spin on serves, groundstrokes, and lobs, making it one of our best pickleball paddles for a spin.
- It provides ideal maneuverability, making it an excellent choice for players who like to rush.
- It’s got a big sweet spot and can handle high-level play while maintaining excellent control.
- The grip could be improved
- It’s made of leather, which is good and bad.
6. Wilson Juice Pickleball Paddle
The Wilson Juice pickleball paddle is the best paddle for intermediate players looking to master their game. It’s a popular choice among mid-level players and has a lot of professional endorsements from organizations like USAPA.
The Juice is on the lighter side, which gives it’s the best pickleball paddle for a spin, control, and ball movement; it’s also got an extended rubber grip that helps you gain leverage.
It comes in multiple colors and can be customized to make it one of a kind. This paddle was designed with beginners in mind but is still loved by pro players because of its consistency.
If you want an easy way to boost your game, we recommend looking at Wilson’s popular juice model!
- The edge on both sides of the paddle offers excellent control over shots while also helping to keep serves in play.
- There are a variety of colors available that allows you to choose one that best matches your style and preferences.
- These paddles are a bit pricey.
7. Gearbox CP7 Pickleball Paddle
If you are looking for a paddle that will provide more topspin, then you might want to look at Gearbox CP7 Pickleball Paddle.
The paddle is ideal for intermediate players who are just getting started with pickleball and will provide them with all of their versatility.
It also comes in five color variations, so you can find one that matches your style. You can adjust your game to suit what kind of player you want to be, making it an exceptional pick!
- The best feature of this paddle is its balance and lightweight.
- The paddle’s round shape reduces air resistance, giving players greater ball control and a more accurate shot.
- It’s a bit heavier. The extra weight means it doesn’t float, which can be an issue if you plan on playing near lakes or rivers.
8. SLK Evo Hybrid
You’ll need to invest in a racket that can deliver reasonable control, power, and spin to improve your game. And that’s precisely what you get with the SLK Evo Hybrid.
The long neck makes it easy to guide your shots while still offering enough power for robust returns. The best things about playing with an SLK Evo are how easy it is to stop using topspin when I don’t want to and how quickly it recovers after a mighty stroke or serve.
This combination makes it the best pickleball paddle for intermediate players looking to start improving their strokes without learning entirely new techniques or changing their overall style too much.
- This paddle features larger holes than most paddles and long life,
- It’s a top performer at a great price
- The pickleball paddle handle has a small diameter which may not be comfortable for people with large hands.
9. Head Extreme Tour
If you’re looking for the best pickleball paddle for a spin that’s made to be used with all kinds of shots, then head extreme tour may be exactly what you’re looking for.
This paddle has a wide sweet spot, and its durability makes it ideal for beginners or intermediate players.
The consistent weight of wood makes it suitable for people who want to practice a variety of shots but aren’t interested in a lot of spins.
While it doesn’t have as much control as some other models, intermediate players will appreciate how consistent and smooth its release is.
Because it comes pre-strung, there are also fewer hassles than with similar products that need to be assembled by hand before use.
- It delivers easy maneuverability.
- It is durable and strong.
- It isn’t going to hold up well against serious use from expert players.
10. Selkirk Atlas Graphite
If you’re looking for the best pickleball paddle for power with reasonable control, consider Selkirk Atlas Graphite. It is easy to grip and maneuver, but it also provides top-of-the-line precision.
Best of all, no one will be able to outmaneuver you on your next game because it’s also equipped with superior spin capability.
It’s slightly heavier than other picks on our list the weight ranges from 8 to 10 ounces but many players prefer that extra heft since they feel more in control as they play. And speaking of importance, most paddles weigh up to 16 ounces.
- The graphite pickleball paddle is lightweight and has a high swing speed.
- It is also easy to handle
- You do sacrifice a little bit of durability with a graphite pickleball paddle.
11. Brine King Cobra Pickleball Paddle
The King Cobra is a great pickleball paddle for intermediate players looking for a more advanced model.
If you’re willing to spend a little extra, you can get an exceptionally high-quality paddle that is easy to control, with increased bounce and power behind each shot.
This is one of our favorite models for intermediate players because it’s so good at everything: it hits hard without sacrificing control, giving it excellent maneuverability on both offense and defense.
The King Cobra comes in three colors (white, blue, and pink) with a fantastic five-year warranty against manufacturer defects.
- It’s made from high-quality materials, and it feels comfortable to hold in your hand.
- Its nonslip surface makes for a fantastic and comfortable grip.
- If you prefer quick, close shots, then skip over the Cobra.
12. Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Pickleball
If you’re looking for the best pickleball paddle for topspin that’s easy to control and great for your shots, try Callaway’s Strata Ultimate.
It comes with an extended grip that makes it easier to avoid beginner mistakes. Best of all, it doesn’t cost much, so it won’t break your bank if you want to try a few different paddles before deciding on one.
It also comes in multiple sizes and colors there is 13 color options total. If you’re not happy with your first option, check out another color!
- An excellent paddle offers superior grip and control while also adding a little extra spin to your shots.
- The ball returns faster with less bounce-back than many other paddles.
- This paddle may be a little too light for advanced players.
13. Calea Competition Grade Blue/White Supreme 6 Ply Pickleball Paddle, 12.7 oz
Look no further if you’re looking for the best pickleball paddle for power to help you with your control, speed, and accuracy.
Calea has been producing some of the best quality pickleball paddles today, and their Competition Grade Blue/White Supreme 6 Ply Pickleball Paddle is no exception.
This paddle weighs in at 12.7 ounces with an overall length of 17 inches, making it a fantastic choice for intermediate players. Its medium size makes it comfortable for a wide range of grips from forehand to backhand players.
No matter which position you play, there is little doubt that you will be able to take advantage of its balanced design and soft feel!
- This pickleball paddle helps you develop the required hand and wrist movement to hit targets easily.
- It offers excellent control while delivering maximum power at every impact.
- The paddle was pretty expensive, so it may be out of range for many players.
14. E-Force Super Light Blue Carbon Fiber Striker Tournament Style 2-5/8 (64mm) 6 mm Forearm
The E-Force Super Light Blue Carbon Fiber Striker Tournament Style 2-5/8 (64mm) 6 mm Forearm is one of the best professional pickleball paddles for intermediate players.
It’s one of the best picks because it’s great for controlling shots and quickly switching hands, which are essential parts of playing competitively.
The 6 mm forearm protects your hand, and it has a more prominent sweet spot, so you can hit pretty much anywhere on the paddle and still make contact with the ball.
This E-Force Super Light Blue Carbon Fiber Striker Tournament Style 2-5/8 (64mm) 6 mm Forearm is the best pickleball paddle for women or men who have a slight build since it weighs less than 8 ounces.
- They are on target with providing a high-quality product.
- These items are durable and affordable.
- The grip is a little uncomfortable.
15. Ebonite Sports Ghost Tour Elite Pickleball paddle
This pickleball paddle is the best-elongated pickleball paddle for intermediate players. It has an Ebonite Sports Ghost Tour Elite Pickleball paddle:
This pickleball paddle is a perfect paddle for intermediate players. It has an EVA foam handle constructed with titanium steel face plating, making it more durable and efficient than other paddles.
The wider 6 1⁄2 grip surface improves comfort and reduces stress on muscles, joints, and tendons while providing better stability and control during play.
Ebonite’s Sure-Grip handle makes it easy to make shots while reducing fatigue over more extended periods of the game.
- Its responsiveness in gameplay.
- It has High-quality materials, smooth action, and maneuverability.
- The head size is a bit small.
What are pickleball Paddles?
The sport of pickleball combines badminton, tennis, and table tennis elements. It is a paddle sport with a perforated plastic ball on any non-coated court surface.
Matches are played best out of three or five games to 11 points (all via no-ad scoring), and players can switch sides during a game.
Paddles used in pickleball are typically made from wood, but some polypropylene paddles have been seen in tournaments over recent years.
How to choose a Pickleball paddle?
The Best pickleball paddles for your game, first and foremost, you want to make sure that you choose a paddle that is right for your skill level.
If you are an experienced player, it will be easy to find a paddle that works with your style, but if you are new to playing pickleball or haven’t played much, then it might take some trial and error before you find something that feels comfortable in your hand.
There are two different types of pickleball on the market today, including soft pickleball and hard plastic pickleball.
What pickleball paddle do you use? Does it matter?
This is a common question for players who are new to pickleball and are looking for advice on what to buy when they first start playing.
Whether you’re a beginner or an intermediate player, there’s not necessarily one paddle best in every situation.
If you can afford it, buying multiple paddles can be a good idea so that you have something to play with when others take their turn.
When it comes to picking out a paddle, one has to keep in mind that there are certain traits that they are looking for depending on how advanced of a player they consider themselves.
If you’re an advanced or intermediate player, you want something with a little more spin and control than beginners.
It would help if you had something that could give you those extra few inches of precision but still be comfortable enough for extended use without your hand cramping up.
The best pickleball paddles for intermediate players will give you just that.